BST: Basic Safety Training
STCW 2010 requires all seafarers to receive basic safety training or instruction in accordance with section A-VI/1 of the STCW Code. The minimum requirements for familiarisation and basic safety training are contained within the Basic Safety Training Week (BSTW) and meet the appropriate standard of competence.
Approved by Liberian Registry
BST: Basic Safety Training
฿40,000.00 5 days
Basic Safety Training Week (BSTW) is made up of four courses which meet the minimum STCW 2010 familiarisation and basic safety training requirements. You can complete all of the required courses as a 5 day package (BSTW) or each course can be booked individually.
Although it is not a mandatory part of the basic safety training programme, we have included the Proficiency in Security Awareness (PSA) course during this week at no extra cost for those who book the BSTW as a single programme.
Who should attend
All seafarers. Career Applications – Basic requirement for Merchant Navy, some Oil & Gas installations, and the superyacht industry.
Physical and Stressful Demands
Training and/or assessment activities contained within this Standard may include physically demanding and potentially stressful elements. All personnel who participate in such activities must be physically and mentally capable of participating fully.
Valid in-date medical or fitness to work certificate (Valid within 12 months)
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities (PSSR)
- A classroom-based course covering basic induction training in safety procedures and accident prevention. It also familiarises novices with the employment conditions and working environment on board.
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (FPFF)
Outlines precautions for minimising the risk of fire, the causes of fires and how to extinguish them. Also practical training using fire fighting equipment and breathing apparatus to extinguish various types and sizes of fires.
- Personal Survival Techniques (PST)
- Teaches the actions to be taken by individuals to protect themselves in emergency situations and includes practical training using life jackets and inflatable life rafts.
- Elementary First Aid (EFA)
- A combination of theory and practical training for basic first aid and life-saving skills.
- Proficiency in Security Awareness (PSA)
- Providing knowledge, understanding and proficiency to personnel intending to work on ships who will not have any designated security duties.
On successful completion of the course, participants will receive PSSR, PST, FPFF, EFA and PSA certificates approved by the Liberian Registry, the world’s largest quality registry. Certificate validity is five (5) years.
Written & Practical Assessment
Coffee Breaks, Lunch, Handouts, Local Transportation
Schedule, Class Size, Locations
Min/Max Class Size:
- Laemchabang near Pattaya
- Songkhla, South Thailand.