Approved by OPITO
The OPITO-approved HUET with Compressed Air Breathing System (CA-EBS) training programme is designed for personnel travelling to offshore installations/vessels via helicopter when issued with a Compressed Air Breathing System (CA-EBS). This course provides delegates with the necessary skills and knowledge in emergency response related to using the CA-EBS and helicopter safety and escape.
This programme is designed to meet the offshore safety and emergency response training requirements for personnel working in the offshore oil and gas industry who will be supplied with a compressed air emergency breathing system (CA-EBS) during offshore helicopter travel.
The aim of the HUET (with CA-EBS) programme is to prepare delegates that intend to travel to and from offshore oil and gas installations and vessels by helicopter by providing specific training in preflight and in-flight requirements and to equip delegates with the basic emergency response knowledge and skills required in the event of a helicopter emergency – with specific focus on escaping from a helicopter following ditching.
The objectives of the HUET (with CA-EBS) Training are that delegates will be able to:
- Demonstrate, in a simulated environment, that they can use the safety equipment, and follow procedures in preparing for, and during helicopter emergencies – with particular focus on escaping from a helicopter following ditching
Training and/or assessment activities contained within this Standard may include physically demanding and potentially stressful elements. All personnel who participate in such activities must be physically and mentally capable of participating fully. The delegate must not have any (current or past) medical condition which renders them unfit to participate in the training.
Valid in-date offshore medical (Valid within 12 months)
Module 1 Helicopter Safety and Escape
- Element 1.1 Helicopter Travel
- Element 1.2 Helicopter Emergencies
- Element 1.3 Use of Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS)
- Element 1.4 Practical Helicopter Escape Techniques
- Element 1.5 Additional CA-EBS Training (In-Water)
OPITO certificate. Validity period is 4 years.
Coffee Breaks, Lunch, Handouts, Local Transportation
Monday – Friday
Min/Max Class Size:
Laemchabang near Pattaya, Thailand